Kill-Kare Raceway Bank 2013

Kill-Kare Raceway Bank 2013

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Second Event - Midwest Drift Union Round 3!


Picked up a new sponsor, No Name Garage Performance and Fabrication, who acted as my awesome pit crew during the event.They have also helped and continue to help in whatever I need done on the car. 
For the event my cage was finished, added new steering angle knuckles, and a welded differential. Along with a completely new radiator setup and electric fan. I also installed a new exhaust turbo manifold, and ran a straight pipe from my turbo.

Throughout the day I had numerous car problems, all due to my new fan setup. My alternator was not powerful enough to charge over my new electric fan and after a few runs my battery died. I had to be push started the rest of the day. 

This was my first time doing a high speed entry and I was terrified, but after a few attempts that became the easiest part of the track.
 My trouble came from the transition between the high speed third gear turn and the second gear hairpin section. 
Because I did not have a working E-Brake I was forced to do some heel-toeing moves to keep the car sideways and slowdown. My car problems cut my seat time short, and with a nearly new handling chassis after steering mods welded diff and a cage I was not comfortable going into qualifying. Unfortunately during my qualifying runs I spun at those transitions and did not qualify. 

For my second event I really did have a great time and learned so much. 
The plan is to fix my E-Brake, upgrade my alternator and compete at Street Life Tour 2012 in Xenia Ohio!

A short video of one of my better runs. 


Overall it was an awesome event, and I can't wait for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment